A one day Rwanda gorilla tour is perfectly set for you to take part in gorilla trekking even when you have limited time. It takes you to northwestern Rwanda to pristine Volcanoes National Park where a section of mountain gorillas that still thrive on the planet thrive. Your one day Rwanda gorilla tour begins and ends in Kigali.
Day 1: Travel to Volcanoes National Park to track mountain gorillas
Day 1: Travel to Volcanoes National Park, Track Mountain gorillas
After an early morning breakfast, our driver guide will pick you up ready to embark on a 2-3 hours’ road trip to Volcanoes National Park. At Ruhengeri/Kinigi park headquarters, you will have briefing on the set dos and don’ts that you have to follow while on gorilla trek. It’s on this day that you will assigned to 1 habituated family to trek in a group of 8 visitors. Your one day Rwanda gorilla tour allows you to explore any of the 10 habituated gorilla families in Volcanoes National Park. They include Susa ‘A’ and the Susa ‘B’ (Karisimbi), Agashya, Hirwa, Amahoro, Ugenda, Sabyinyo, Bwenge, Kwitonda, Umubano.
The one day Rwanda gorilla tour also gets you best sights at other species including distinct birds for instance the red faced woodland warbler, dusky crimson wing, Rwenzori double collared sunbird, Rwenzori Batis, collared apalis as well as different primates and others. This primate adventure may last you about 3 to 6 hours depending on your hiking speed, nature of habitat and location of gorillas.
After, drive back to Kigali and this marks the end of your one day Rwanda gorilla tour. End of the tour
- Gorilla permit ($1500 per person)
- Transport by 4WD safari vehicle
- Full time English speaking driver guide
- All activities in the travel plan
- Bottle of water
- Relevant government taxes
- Visa fees
- Personal/medical insurance
- International airfares
- Expenses like laundry services, telephone calls, beverages or drinks, tipping staff or community members, accommodation and meals that are not part of your itinerary and extra safari activities that have not been included.